Schedule: Flexible (Must be available to work with the team during general US business hours)
Role: We are actively seeking a Senior Developer with full-stack web development experience specializing in Ruby on Rails applications. Our ideal candidate has an active Github/Bitbucket account, experience working in a small team, and has a passion and desire to create cool things on the internet!
- Team Leadership – Support, train, lead, and mentor team members. Conduct weekly paired programming exercises with both junior developers and senior technical staff alike. Identify team member shortcomings, areas of interest, and actively seek ways to provide an environment of growth and professional development.
- Development & Design – Seek continual improvement of system architecture, and recommend changes and updates when and where necessary. Translate feature requirements into sound software designs. Produce solid, thoroughly tested features that utilize industry best practices. Identify and mitigate reported bug issues in a timely manner.
- Project Scoping – Accurately plan and quote time required to develop new features within the system, and deliver the end product on time and within scope and budget.
- Time Management – Prioritize tasks, projects, and resources to ensure all deliverables are met. Detailed time tracking so accurate invoices can be sent to our customers.
- Communication – Effective and timely communication with company team members, senior leadership, and external stakeholders.
- Self starter with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and proven analytical skills
- Excellent creative problem solving ability
- Reliable and eager to leverage new technologies
- Ability to thrive in an agile, collaborative, and fast paced team environment
- In-depth knowledge of relational database architecture
- 7+ Years of relevant work experience (software engineering)
- Programming language expertise – Ruby on Rails (Demonstrated experience developing, deploying, and monitoring Ruby on Rails applications)
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience developing multi-tenant web applications
- Demonstrated understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.